Program Manager – Hydrogen
Project Management Office
Denver CO or Washington DC
In the race to combat climate change, time is of the essence. The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) is investing billions of dollars in projects that will play an essential role in achieving the world’s net-zero goals, deploying next-generation energy technologies across America. OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate market adoption, deployment, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
If you want to be a significant player in this space, we’re offering an opportunity you can’t afford to ignore.
The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations is looking to hire a Program Manager with expertise or passion developing hydrogen as a clean energy source. You will lead the development of goals, objectives, and strategic plans for the Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs program.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Hydrogen Hub program scope
- Assist with project oversight of 6-10 Hydrogen Hubs across America
- Support development of project management processes and procedures
- Provide leadership to a team of project managers
- Develop operating plans, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects or programs
- Direct and coordinate the execution of programs/projects through interaction with appropriate DOE organizations stakeholders, and supporting contractors
- Ensures early identification and mitigation of cost, schedule, and/or technology risks
- Prepares reports on project progress and support on-site monitoring of projects
- Program Managers may be eligible for telework or remote work and be required to travel
- Experience managing, mentoring and guiding a team
- Experience working on large, technologically-complex projects under tight deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated capabilities in project management principles, particularly as applicable to energy-related projects
- Proven ability to direct a program(s), or major project segment, with significant resources at a multimillion dollar level of annual resources
- Have or demonstrate a technical or engineering background. Technical degree preferred
Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.