Program Manager – Carbon Capture Pilots
Project Management Office
Denver CO or Washington DC
In the race to combat climate change, time is of the essence. The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) is investing billions of dollars in projects that will play an essential role in achieving the world’s net-zero goals, deploying next-generation energy technologies across America. OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate market adoption, deployment, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
If you want to be a significant player in this space, we’re offering an opportunity you can’t afford to ignore.
The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations is looking to hire a Program Manager with expertise or passion developing carbon capture technologies. You will lead the development of goals, objectives, and strategic plans for up to ten carbon capture large-scale pilot projects. These projects are designed to further the development of transformational technologies that capture carbon emissions from existing coal or natural gas electric generation facilities and existing industrial facilities not purposed for electric generation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the carbon capture technologies
- Assist with project oversight of up to ten carbon capture large-scale pilot projects across America
- Support development of project management processes and procedures
- Provide leadership to a team of project managers, project officers, and project
- Lead financial assistance negotiations with external project selectees
- Develop operating plans, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects or programs
- Direct and coordinate the execution and oversight of programs/projects through interaction with appropriate DOE organizations stakeholders, external project
- selectees/recipients, and supporting contractors
- Ensures early identification and mitigation of cost, schedule, and/or technology risks
- Prepares reports on project progress and support on-site monitoring of projects
- Program Managers may be eligible for telework or remote work and be required to travel
- Experience managing, mentoring and guiding a team
- Experience working on large, technologically-complex projects under tight deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated capabilities in project management principles, particularly as applicable to energy-related projects
- Proven ability to direct a program(s), or major project segment, with significant resources at a multimillion dollar level of annual resources
- Have or demonstrate a technical project management or engineering background.
- Technical degree preferred
Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.