In the race to combat climate change, time is of the essence. The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) is investing billions of dollars in projects that will play an essential role in achieving the world’s net-zero goals, deploying next-generation energy technologies across America. OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate market adoption, deployment, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
If you want to be a significant player in this space, we’re offering an opportunity you can’t afford to ignore.
Join us in the mission to drive sustainable energy solutions for the future. As a Nuclear Engineer within OCED, you will play a crucial role in analyzing, assessing, and reporting on nuclear energy projects to support informed project management decisions. We are particularly interested in individuals with a well-rounded engineering background and a strong focus on nuclear engineering or operations, preferably with knowledge of Small Modular Reactors (SMRs).
- Conducting thorough evaluation and assessments of nuclear energy projects, including evaluating technical aspects, safety protocols, and operations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support project management decisions based on your evaluations and reports.
- Reviewing and assessing the full design of nuclear energy projects, ensuring compliance with regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Utilizing your well-rounded engineering background to provide comprehensive evaluations and insights, contributing to the success of energy projects.
- Demonstrating specialized knowledge in nuclear engineering and applying it to the evaluation of various nuclear energy technologies, with a particular interest in Small Modular Reactors (SMRs).
- Working closely with other engineers, researchers, and stakeholders to ensure thorough and accurate assessments and fostering a collaborative environment.
- A strong background in engineering, with a focus on nuclear engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- Experience with Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) is highly desirable.
- Industry experience in nuclear engineering and project evaluation is essential.
- Ability to conduct in-depth technical analysis and assessment of nuclear energy projects, applying engineering principles and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of nuclear regulations, safety protocols, and operations.
- Proven ability to propose project decisions and mitigation plans based on technical evaluations.
- Excellent communication skills to report findings and collaborate with various stakeholders.