Data Systems & Management
In the race to combat climate change, time is of the essence. The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) is investing billions of dollars in projects that will play an essential role in achieving the world’s net-zero goals, deploying next-generation energy technologies across America. OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate market adoption, deployment, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
If you want to be a significant player in this space, we’re offering an opportunity you can’t afford to ignore.
The Data Engineer utilizes a diverse range of data-focused skills, experience, deep technical and analytical problem-solving, and team-centered solutions for complex problems to satisfy priority information-enabling operations. This position requires strong attributes for problem-solving, data analysis, troubleshooting, analytical thinking, and experimentation, often under time-sensitive decisions.
- Design, architect, and build systems that manage data and associated logic.
- Analyze use cases to develop functional and technical requirements; develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- Evaluate and integrate existing products (internal and/or vendor) to achieve goals.
Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures.
- Automate manual workflows to promote control and efficiency.
- Develop and implement methods of automation and optimization of data and products to present to upper management.
- 5+ years of progressive, relevant work experience.
- Familiar with both relational and non-relational databases, and how they work.
- Experience with ETL systems and tools like Xplenty, Stitch, Alooma, and Talend.
- Knowledge of data storage best practices—and when to use a data warehouse vs a data lake.
- Proficient with automation and scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
- Familiar with coding languages: SQL, NoSQL, Python, Java, R, and Scala.
- Solid understanding of cloud storage and cloud computing.
- Ability to combine a diverse set of data sources containing multiple forms of information including, but not limited to, Open Source, Publicly Available Information (PAI), Commercially Available Information (CAI), and proprietary data to provide technical information to produce data packages.
- Demonstrated ability to use technical and analytic skills to solve complex problems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.